That and a serious dose of comedy will have you in tears one minute and laughing the next. There’s a reason My Favorite Murder consistently ranks among the top podcasts. For creative pros, the pressure continues to mount to produce better work, faster.
Have you ever been curious about how you can make money without enduring the daily grind? If you’ve had an interest in starting an online business or simply want to know how others make their money, you need to check out Smart Passive Income. The host, Pat Flynn, explains how he built his online business to offer him a lifestyle many crave.
The Career Contessa Podcast
Thinking about the nature behind radio shows will help you understand why you really shouldn’t listen to podcasts while working. Many people believe that because podcasts don’t require you to watch something, it shouldn’t affect overall productivity. However, because podcasts don’t require you to watch something, it forces you to pay more attention to the audio. This problem is amplified depending on how intense or demanding the podcast is. The rise of music streaming services has made it very easy and convenient for people to listen to songs, and as song streaming has grown in popularity, so has podcast streaming.
- Well, thank you so much for your time and good luck with the next admissions cycle.
- Even if you are comfortable handling multiple tasks at work, listening to podcasts hinders your operations and slows your work.
- There should be well-defined goals and objectives affiliated with the overall company mission for introducing podcast listening at work.
- She also includes practical advice gleaned from years of coaching experience.
- We’ve gone through the hundreds of podcasts out there on platforms such as Spotify and Apple Music.
- Currently, about half of its student body are students of color.
Omar Zenhom shares some of the best business lessons, concepts, examples and insights from inside The $100 MBA training and community. Omar also calls upon some of the industry’s top experts as guest teachers on the show. No backstories or promotions, just solid business lessons from the best in the game. If you just listen to one episode, I’d recommend Radiate your passion (32 min.), an inspiring interview with Elayna Fernandez who went from a homeless single mom to a successful entrepreneur. She now works to empower other mothers to define their own path to success.
For a pop culture deep-dive: ID10T
Podcasting as a communication instrument takes communication to another level. It represents the perfect platform for distributing information and keeping in touch with remote employees. It provides support and information for them with easy access. Big or small successful enterprises constantly look for a more accessible and engaging way to connect with their employees. With their technologically appealing features, podcasts offer the potential for better engagement.
- This show is hosted by comedians Georgia Hardstark and Karen Kilgariff.
- People have their right to have their own opinions, but I want to go in saying who I am so if I ever were to be confined in that box, essentially an issue for me.
- This is a podcast about hackers, breaches, shadow government activity, hacktivism, cybercrime, and all the things that dwell on the hidden parts of the network.
- There’s no debate over the rising popularity of podcasts, but their increasing popularity has caused many people to start listening to them in a lot of daily situations.
- Studies have shown that listening to amazing podcasts can help people transform from coal to diamonds, shining under intense work pressure.
- If you’ve already listened to Serial and S-Town, try Bear Brook next.
- So, all you need to do is find the correct show list to improve your motivation at work.
Join Stever Robbins each week as he provides inventive productivity and organization tips to transform even the most overwhelmed person into an overachiever. Stever will help you evaluate your devices and only use the ones that actually help you get stuff done. This Is Your Life with Michael Hyatt is a weekly podcast dedicated to intentional leadership. The goal of the podcast is to help you live with more passion, work with greater focus, and lead with extraordinary influence. However, as I have shared above, the right podcast choice is important. This is because there is a wide range of different podcasts available for your listening pleasure and each podcast type is so different.
From niche topics to mainstream pop culture, podcasts cover basically anything you can think of. This is a spectacularly thought-provoking podcast that never fails to change how I view the world in some working from home podcast way, big or small. There are so many good episodes to pick from, but I’ll keep it to my two absolute favorites. The 5 AM Miracle is a weekly podcast dedicated to dominating your day before breakfast.
Each episode will give you a different white noise sound with different intensities. Some can help you focus intensely on your work, while others boost your creativity. You will often be distracted by talking from colleagues, noise from outside, or you simply cannot focus on your job.
If they produce the same level of racial diversity in the incoming year as the year before the ruling, they put themselves at legal risk. The anti-affirmative action opposition are on the lookout for schools that, behind the closed doors of admissions offices, are practicing a kind of under-the-table affirmative action. So after the workshop, I started reaching out to those admissions offices, and it turns out the people charged with implementing the court’s decision are just as confused as the students applying. Between classes, I’d asked the head of Pure Ford, which is guiding all these kids, how their guidance would change as a result of the affirmative action ban. He told me they were still waiting to hear more from colleges themselves about how the ruling might change their admissions formula. Because I was kind of hoping it would, but — One of my essays were actually, like, surrounded by my identity, my culture, being Black and Nigerian.